Sunday 24 May 2009

Welcome to my new blog!


Firstly, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Kate MacAndrew and I have recently begun work to set up my own creative business.

'Inspired Naturally' is the name I thought best reflected the type of work I create and more importantly the basis of my inspiration. As the name suggests I love nature and I aim to notice everything about the natural world around me. My work centers around animals and plants I would find in my garden or out and about in the countryside.

I hope to use this space to journal my findings, my work in progress and my journey into a creative business.

Over the last few years (as I completed my Illustration degree) I have been lucky enough to attend some fantastic workshops and meet some of the people who have inspired me. I will share some of these experiences over my next few blogs.

Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Just saw your exhibition at Derby University - it really stood out.

    I've sent you an email - in case you don't get it, I think you'd be great to illustrate large print/ art versions of the Hilary McKay books about Eve Casson and her children.

    She's an artist, and her pictures are described (I'm paraphrasing madly) as 'ordinary things that look like something extraordinary is about to happen'.

    Wishing you all the best in your fabulous career!

    helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Helen! I have only just seen your comment! Thank you so much! I haven't been able to access my emails today (I think there is something wrong with AOL) Thank you so much for buying one of my prints, it was a lovely surprise! I have now officially left Uni and am both nervous and excited about the future! I will make sure I check for your email once I can access them! I will be sure to look up the artist you have suggested.

    Thank you again! (and you're the very first person to comment on my blog!)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your print has now arrived - customer service to die for! - and I'm just browsing to find where it wants to live.

    best

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I'm so pleased!

    I always worry about getting prints to people on time and safely - I'm striving to get 100% positive feedback on my Etsy store so people know I work hard and care about my product!

    Thanks again Helen!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. just thought I'd post again - a new gallery/ coffee shop opened up near us (on Bournville Green), and they did a deal where if you took a plant for their garden, they'd give you a free coffee. I took them a wallflower, and because they were so nice, gave them the print I bought from you as a housewarming present. If you get a contact from two Sues in Bournville, that's it.

    As soon as I have money again, I'll be replacing it - I'm just one of those new agey people that think to really keep things, you have to pass them on at some point.

    Didn't want you to think I'd sold it to them or anything, though...

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate your support - it means so much to me that people like my work! I will definitely let you know if I do have any contact from two Sues in Bournville!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete