Friday 5 February 2010

A new painting & other things



Smudge

Lots of things have been happening since I last posted, one of which is a new painting I'm working on; one that is very close to my heart and is just for me. The beautiful photograph above is of my cat Smudge who sadly passed away last November. I always meant to paint him and now I can look at pictures of him without getting too upset I thought now was as good a time as any to paint him.


The above picture is where I'm at so far - after about 3 hours of painting. I'm just beginning to get the layers built up, creating texture because Smudge had such wonderfully thick and soft fur and I want to try to capture that.

I've also started on a large commission for someone (incorporating my photography and artwork) and this is going to take a lot of my time up!

I have also designed a brochure, showcasing my art workshops for primary school children and am in the process of getting these printed and then sent out.....only time will tell how it all goes!

Hope you are all well,

Happy Friday!

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment