Monday 1 June 2009

A fantastic trip and a crafty experience


I'm back from a very sunny trip to Yorkshire (one of my most favourite places to visit, ever) I thought I'd share with you some of the loveliness :)


Beautiful views across the beach looking across to Robin Hood's Bay. 


I love boats by the sea. This particular photo is my favourite from the beach. I love the blue paint and the flags blowing in the wind.

The trip was full of beautiful sights and sounds and the photo above is just one example of some of these.

I can't wait to go back again!

As promised, I also wanted to tell you about some of the workshops I have been to. In July last year I attended a creative class entitled 'Particle Article Sculptures' run by the very talented sisters Claire Benson and Amy Nightingale. The class was run from The Beetroot Tree, a lovely gallery and cafe. I spent the day creating my own unique winged sculpture using recycled and found materials. It was great fun! Here is an example of their many creatures

The one above is called 'The River Kent God' I think their work is truly fantastic, very quirky and each creature is accompanied with a little description of its name, home and activities.
I think classes like this are great for getting the creative juices flowing - I hope to attend other workshops like this in the near future.
More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment