Tuesday 5 January 2010

A Happy New Year to you all!




For lots of people the Christmas holidays has been a time for relaxing and enjoying the fresh winter weather - my end-of-year-break has been no exception! Just before Christmas day I went on a (very) slippery walk around a local lake and spent time watching the birds attempting to get either into or out of the water from their ice covered surroundings. Despite the coldness of the weather, generally it has been brilliantly sunny which has enabled me to go on numerous walks which has been great!

This was taken in a carpark on the way up to Yorkshire - can you see the heart?

Between Christmas and New Year I went for a short break to Yorkshire - I love it there at this time - the weather is always more extreme - in some places they'd had 18 inches of snow over 4/5 days! The picture below is of Helmsley covered in a frosty blanket (Helmsley can be seen here in warmer times)



Whilst in Yorkshire I went for a long walk across snow-filled fields and saw hare, rabbits and pheasant to name a few.Walking 3 inches deep in snow certainly gives your legs a workout!


Now, I'm back home and ready to start a new year. I'm not one for New Year's eve myself but I do enjoy the newness feel you get when it's the start of another year, a new month and this time a new decade. I have put my calendar up and started to make a mental to-do list or wish list of things I want to complete this year. I hope to continue sharing my journey here and to be a bit more frequent in finding the time to blog - I don't know where the time goes during the week!

So for now, a Happy New Year to you and lets make 2010 one to remember! :)


K x

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kate! So glad you enjoyed your visit to Yorkshire over the holidays - there's been lots more snow today! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Rebecca!
    Yorkshire, as always, was wonderful. It looks even more beautiful covered in snow! It's snowed heavily again here in Derbyshire - not too good when trying to get to work!
    Take care,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete