Wednesday 26 August 2009

Back home



After a lovely long weekend away in sunny Yorkshire I'm now back home getting on with catching up with my work, emails etc. The few days I had away were just the ticket for recharging my batteries after a very busy week! I thought I'd spend this post sharing with you some of the things I got up to:

The heather on the moors is stunning at the moment, this is the time of the year it turns purple. It looks like a purple carpet covering the rolling hills. Unfortunately the purple colour doesn't last long so you need to make the most of it while you can!



We made a trip to an RSPB reserve at Bempton Cliffs, a huge spectacle awaits, with over 200,000 seabirds there between April and August.

The photo above shows both adult and younger gannets as they bask in the sunshine and fly off to find food. They are a very pretty bird and we were able to see lots of them, amongst other birds, at various viewing points around the cliffs. Earlier in the year it is possible to see puffins and their young which sounds fantastic!


We also visited Rievaulx Abbey, a nearly 900 year old abbey with beautiful surroundings and gardens.


It was a brilliant break and we were also lucky enough to see a barn owl one evening and two hedgehogs looking for slugs!

Now I'm back I'm busy catching up on all aspects of work, I'm still running and swimming and also trying to find some time to relax! I'm also going to be adding some new images to my etsy shop and continue to add my work onto my new UK shop, folksy.

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment