Monday 14 September 2009

Exciting news



I noticed this rose flowering in my Mum's garden and just had to take a photo of it - it smells beautiful! I can tell Autumns on its way, the air smells different and the evenings are starting to draw in. I'm looking forward to taking photos of the changing colours.

As i mentioned in an earlier post I have been working on some school workshops. I went to meet with a local Headteacher (with whom I have spoken to regularly over the last few months) with a workshop outline after discussing the school's requirements. I am very happy to announce I am now the school's resident artist, delivering my workshops to each class during Friday mornings. I start this week! I am both excited and nervous but can't wait to start! The picture above shows the dragonfly I hope to guide the children to make - over two Friday classes. I will let you know how it goes!

This week starts the beginning of another new job for me in Matlock which I am very pleased to have got - it's difficult times at the moment and I think most people are glad of any extra money they can make.

And finally, only a few more days to go until I'm off to Newcastle to run the Great North Run. I am soooo excited! I've only got little runs for training this week, so my body's having a break until its put through its paces on Sunday! I hope to capture lots of my weekend away to share with you all when I get back.

Will post again soon!

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment